Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekly Recap: 11/21/2010 - 11/27/2010

Had a bit of a busy week towards the end of this past week - didn't find myself online much and got a bit lazy with my gold making and my posting. Fortunately it didn't affect my income that much. I was disappointed in not being able to update more frequently - and I'll be posting a bit more the rest of this week to make up for it. Now on to the recap!



Character Update


Grinded out a few JPs on the warrior - nothing particularly awe inspiring. I'm sitting at about 3000 total. I'm basically ready to go for the expansion on her. I'll probably finish out the cap this week before Cata ships, but I won't be crushed if I don't get every last point saved.

Was able to get my tailoring alt from 74 to 75 for at least the first wave of cata recipes. My understanding is that ultimately I'll need to reach 84 to get the upper tier of recipes, but being able to make embersilk is good enough for me for now. I'm sure I'll be able to shuffle enough of the cloth around for at least a couple months.

Gold Update


As I mentioned earlier, this was a fairly "lazy" week for me. I managed to log in every day and do a round or two of posting, but towards the end of the week I found myself busy with other "real life" things, and not around or interested much. I even missed transmuting my epic gems one day. 200g down the drain for being uber-lazy, but alas.

Glyphs + Enchants: 6,385g
Recipes, Pets, Bags, other markets: 4,278g
Total Gold, end of week: 150,117
Time Played: 13.5 hours (790 gold per hour)

In terms of raw numbers - more gold, more gold per hour, so it looks pretty good. I'm thinking I'll see a bigger downturn this week in my numbers. You usually see lack of effort manifest itself a few days later, not instantly, but we'll see. I'm expecting my glyph business to slow down over the next week, really not sure what to expect at all to be honest for this last week of lich king.

One thing that absolutely exploded this week was vendor recipes. I usually don't track or care about this sort of thing, but the numbers were so high I had to take note. I took in 280 gold in a single mail collection on my stormwind recipe alt. I usually check mail and repost 1-2 times a day on her, so this was absolutely crazy to see. I wish I took the time to record the weekly numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I pulled in 500-600g reselling these.

I expect this had something to do with the thanksgiving holiday, and new cooks adding to their recipe lists for completions sake. Could also be bored people snatching up anything left they don't know before cata, or it could just be an old fashioned anomaly. I've been in the market long enough on these to think otherwise though. I'll be curious to compare my numbers this week and see where they stand.

Other markets of note - solid sky sapphires continue to sell like hotcakes. Even more surprising is that I have almost zero competition in this market.

I had some other random hits here and there, but for the most part I continued to make regular income off of the methods I've detailed thus far in my posts here. If nothing else, I'm happy to report that what I'm writing is working for at least myself.

That's it for this week - looking to be more active in the coming days. How did your past week of wow go? Any big expectations for this last full week of lich king?

No comments: